Kabul: The 149th meeting of the National Procurement Commission (NPC) presided by H.E Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, the President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, was held on Sunday evening, May 13th, 2018 at Presidential Palace.
Afterwards, the NPC reviewed the requests for 9 new contracts that resulted in approval of all contracts worth 13.1 million USD, as the following projects:
- The contract for feasibility studies of the Andkhoi irrigation canal of Faryab province related to Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
- The contract for 144 types of oil and filters required by Kabul Municipality
- The contract for procurement of 6 food items (grains) required by Senior Government Officials Protection Unit related to Administrative office of the President.
- The contract for development of Fiber Optic Network (DWDM)
- The contract for capacity building of GSM system of Afghan Telecom
- The contract for the procurement of additional equipment for Salam Network of Afghan Telecom
- The contract for capacity building of GSM system of Salam Network
- The contract of 38 items of raw materials for Sukok printing press related to the Ministry of Finance
- The contract for renting the building for central office of New Kabul Bank related to Ministry of Finance
It should be mentioned that the projects of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology were approved conditional to tax clearance of by the bidders.
In addition, the request for modification of the contract (time extension and price reduction) of the consultancy services for establishment of National Procurement Institute related to NPA was also approved by the NPC.
At this meeting of NPC, the request for time extension of the contract for ring road construction project in Mehterrlam Baba in Laghman province was also approved by the NPC.
Meanwhile, the request for modification of the contract (time extension for completing the construction of Kabul-Jalalabad road “De scoped Section”) was also approved by the NPC.
His Excellency, the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, instructed the Ministry of Public Works to initiate the bidding process of the remaining sections of the Kabul-Jalalabad road. Meanwhile instructed the Ministry of Finance to finalize the grant agreement with the donor of this project (ADB).
However, the request of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology for approval of the Consultancy Services for Real Time Data Management System (RTDMS) was rejected by NPC and the decision was made to rebid this project among the four bidders that had participated earlier in this project.
It worth mentioning that the bidding process of this project was reviewed by the experts from CSTC-A and they also had suggested for restricted rebid of this project in order to gain value for money with a revised cost estimation.
In this meeting, H.E Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, the Chief Executive of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, H.E the second Vice President Mohammad Sarwar Danish, the acting ministers of Economy, Finance and Justice, the officials of National Procurement Authority, the national and international observers including the Parliamentary Anti-Corruption Caucus (PACC), the Integrity Watch Afghanistan (IWA), the Finance, Budget and National Economy Commissions of the Lower House (Wolasi Jirga),the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), and Combined Security Transition Command (CSTC-A) of the Resolute Support had also participated.
>>> SOURCE: Afghanistan NPA on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/NationalProcurementAuthority/posts/1709716345781020