Tuesday, 29 March 2016
Supply and Delivery of Electricity Meter Boxes and associated equipment
2. Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for Meter Boxes for delivery to Charikar and to Pul-i-Khumri all to be supplied with associated equipment as described in the bidding documents.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from National Procurement Authority Email: _________________ and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 8:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs on any working day from Saturday to Wednesday.
5. Qualifications requirements include
(a) If Bidder is Manufacturer:
(i) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
As a minimum, an Applicant’s net worth calculated as the difference between total assets and total liabilities should be positive:
Audited financial statements showing an average annual turnover of at least US$4,000,000 of the previous 3 years
Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual mobilization payments to meet:
Cash flow capacity of at least US$2,000,000 and positive net worth
For Joint Venture, the lead member shall meet at least 50% of that required, and each member shall meet at least 30% of that required.
(ii) Experience and Technical Capacity
a) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experience requirement(s):
1. The meter boxes and associated equipment offered shall be under standard production by the manufacturer for at least 5(five) years.
2. Supply and delivery of similar electrical equipment of at least US$2,000,000 in any of the last 5 years
3. The list of supplied equipment shall include:
a) Name and address of Purchaser with email address/phone No.
b) Contract number and date.
c) Equipment/items ordered/supplied with their respective quantities.
d) Scheduled delivery date and actual delivery date.
e) Details of Complaint, if any, received from the purchaser about the performance of the Equipment/items.
b) The bids of bidders quoting as authorized distributer/dealer/reseller meeting with the above requirements in full can be considered only if:
1. The manufacturer/authorized distributer furnishes authorization assuring full guarantee and warranty obligations as per GCC Clause 28
2. Manufacturer’s Authorization Certificate is required if the bid is not submitted by Manufacturer
In case of joint venture, the lead member (partner) shall have the requisite experience as per (ii)(a) above and the other individual members (partners) may have individually or in JV supplied similar equipment within the last five (5) years to a tune of at least US$60,000 and documentary evidence for the same need to be produced as per (ii)-a-3 above.
(iii) Documentary Evidence
a) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that the Goods it offers meet the following usage requirement:
1. Meter boxes suitable for use on DABS system i.e. conforming to the technical specifications
2. Previous contracts/work orders/Supply orders confirming that similar meter boxes and associated equipment were supplied.
3. Certificates issued, if any by previous purchaser of similar meter boxes and associated equipment to the extent that the goods supplied are satisfactory
(b) If Bidder is not manufacturer:
If a Bidder is not a manufacturer, but is offering the Goods on behalf of the Manufacturer under Manufacturer's Authorization Form (Section IV, Bidding Forms), the bidder must meet the above qualifications (i), (ii), (iii)
6. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be obtained by interested bidders by downloading the same from the NPA website www.npa.gov.af. In case of difficulty in downloading from website, interested bidders may contact at email address ____________________________________
7. Bids must be delivered to the address _____________________________ at or before 10:00AM (Local time), on 25th April 2016. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend in person at the address below at 10:00 Hrs (Local time), on the same day.
8. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of the amount of US$80,000 or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency valid for a period of 28 days beyond the validity period of Bids (118 days from bid submission deadline date).
Download details at www.dabs.af
Posted by Ivo Toniut