- Afghanistan, Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan and Tajikistan
Central Asia South Asia Electricity Transmission and Trade
Project (CASA-1000) - Energy Sector
The countries of Pakistan, Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan have applied for a financing from the Islamic Development Bank toward the cost of the CASA-1000 Project, and they intend to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works and related services to be procured under this project. The Afghanistan portion of this project will be financed by the World Bank’s International Development Association and the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust. The whole project will include the following components:
- Construction of about 750 km of 500 kV of High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) overhead transmission line between Tajikistan Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Engineering design, construction and commissioning of three HVDC converter stations at Sangtuda (1,300 MW) in Tajikistan; Kabul (300 MW) in Afghanistan; and Peshawar (1,300 MW) in Pakistan.
- Construction of about 475 km of 500 kV High Voltage Alternating Current (HVAC) overhead transmission line between the Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan.
- Construction of about 115 km of 500 kV HVAC line in Tajikistan along with associated substation equipment and other parts necessary for network reinforcement.
Procurement of contracts financed by the Islamic Development Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under Islamic Development Bank Financing (2009), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines.
Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the Islamic Development Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB) procedures will be announced, as they become available, on the IsDB website and CASA-1000 website as well as technical magazines, newspapers and trade publications of wide international circulation and in local newspapers.
Prequalification of suppliers and contractors will be required for the following contracts:
- Package 1: HVAC Transmission Line in Kyrgyz Republic,
- Package 2: HVDC Transmission Line in Tajikistan from Sangtuda converter station till the Afghanistan boarder,
- Package 3: HVDC Transmission Line in Pakistan from Afghanistan boarder to Peshawar converter station.
Russian language HERE