In this meeting 20 procurement contracts with the total value of 3.6 billion Afs were approved, which included the following projects:
• The contract of design, construction and activation of 110 KW electricity transmission line from Salma dam to Karokh station, transmission line and distribution network of Pashtun-zarghoon, Ubeh, Karokh and Chesht Sharif districts, and procurement of electricity equipment for the afore mentioned districts.
• The contract of design and activation of Noor Jahaad substation in Herat province.
• Seven contracts of providing health services under BPHS and EPHS programs in Nooristan, Ghor, Konar, Zabul, Sari Pol and Kabul Provinces
• The contract of procuring water distillation and hemodialysis machines required by Ministry of Public Health
• Two contracts of cleaning supplies and kitchen appliances required by military corps of Ministry of Defense
• The no cost extension of stationary and clothing equipment of Ministry of Interior.
• Procurement of smart system(TABLET) for Independent Election Commission
• The contract for renting two air planes for the sake of transportation of Afghan Hajis to Saudi Arabia
• The Contract for procuring vehicles needed by Attorney General`s Office which has been approved conditionally on budget availability and tax clearance by the vendor
• The contract of IT equipment for Afghan telecom which has been approved on the condition that the vendor clears its tax payments
On the other hand, the National Procurement Commission decided to terminate the procurement contracts of design and construction of Kili dam of Samangan province and Tangee Shadiyaan dam in Balkh province and instructed for creation of a to a committee comprised of representatives from the President’s office Chief Executive’s Office, the Parliament, Ministries of Finance and Economy, the concerned ministries Office of the President’s Senior Advisor in Infrastructures Affairs to identify reputable and qualified local and international companies for competition dam construction projects.
Besides, discussing the extension of wheat contract from Hairatan port, the NPC instructed to send-out an investigation team and also instructed the Ministry of Finance to recruit the senior positions of its office in ports competitively.
NPC, however, rejected the fuel procurement contract of the prisons in capital and provinces and decided to refer it for rebidding and instructed for assessment of the procurement department of Prisons Directorate.
It is worth mentioning that NPC reviewed a submitted report of Ministry of Economy regarding the contract of five substation from Qara Bagh to khanadahar which is related to Da Afghanistan Breshna Shirkat and decided that a committee comprised of representatives from US Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction (SIGAR), representative of US Agency for International Development (USAID), General Directorate of Major Crimes Task Force (MCTF) of MoI, headed by Attorney General`s representative to investigate the issue.
In this meeting, H.E. Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive of National Unity Government, H.E. Mohammad Sarwar Danish, Second Vice President, Ministers of Finance, Justice and Economy, the Senior Officials of the National Procurement Authority (NPA),observers from SIGAR, the Combined Security Transition Command for Afghanistan (CSTC-A) of the Resolute Support, and observers of national economy commission, member of the financial and budgetary of the Upper House, economic and budgetary commission of the Lower House of the Parliament and the Parliamentary Anti-Corruption Caucus (PACC), had also participated.